"Export to PDF" creates a PDF, but it does not retain the images after Confluence upgrade 5.8 to 6.0

Hello Community!

A user has a Confluence page that uses the 'Insert Status' macro.  Before the upgrade (Confluence 5.8.10) she would export that page to PDF and the status from the 'Insert Status' macro retained the status text and color... which seems to just be an image.  After the upgrade to Confluence 6.0.5, when she exports the page only the status text appears (without color) in the PDF so not the image.  Is there any way to have Confluence 6.0.5 also generate PDFs with the image? The same is the case for exports to Word.  Any help/suggestions appreciated!

Greg

2 answers

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 20, 2017

On my Confluence 6.0.5 test instance the export to PDF rendered the status macro as an image, but the export to Word used the text as you are reporting.

Is it possible that you are using an add-on to export PDFs or are you sure your user is using the exporter "out of the box"?

Interesting, the status macro is rendering differently when you export as PDF vs. Word.  Its the same here for those two as text.  The only PDF add-on we have installed is the Atlassian Confluence PDF Export one and I just select the Export to PDF or Word option from the menu.

I have had such issue in the past and the problem was with Base URL: the base url in settings and url in your browser have to be the same.

The base URL is good for our Confluence.

Do you have some proxy setup to open your instanse without specifying port 8090 in the end of URL?

Yes, we do have Apache in front of Confluence.  When I hit Confluence directly on the tomcat port (8080 in our case) I see the same behavior...text but no image for status macro.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

975 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you