"Can't save changes"

Viv Chappell January 30, 2020

Wondering if anyone can please advise to help me publish and/or save a page? I am concerned that I will lose all the information I've entered. When I try to publish a new page I am adding to Confluence, I get the error: "Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment."

This week I've been intermittently editing this new page that I'm adding to Confluence (including in places where I was connected to internet and not connected). Yesterday, I noticed the "Can't save changes" popup in the lower portion of screen. I am now connected to internet and the same warning is at the bottom. I want to be able to publish, or at least save the information I have entered.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Viv Chappell January 31, 2020

Work-around identified. Ended up creating a new page, copying and pasting content from the old page.

2 votes
Ben Madin February 5, 2020

Our team has been seeing this on a number of pages in the last few day... sorry, no answer, just looking for any other ideas (copy and pasting content not always ideal in multi-user environment)

0 votes
Jose Alonso Garcia October 28, 2020

I just had the same issue, it happened when moving a page between workspaces, as when publishing it was looking on the old namespace. The solution was to find the page in the new workspace with the search button and remove any link that was pointing to the old namespace if any. 

Ruth Sams July 13, 2021

I'm seeing this quite frequently as well.  I edit an ongoing scrum meeting in real time - darned inconvenient to get this message especially when sharing the screen for all participants during zoom call.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events