Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems migrating confluence to new mac server

Steve Berley December 1, 2013

My confluence server died an ugly death a few days back including frying the confluence HD. No worries, recreating my data was easy because I'm nutso about having backups.

I've setup my new machine with a folder structure that's identical to the old one and put all of my confluence files in the same places.

I've gone through the Installing Confluence Standalong on Mac OS X from Zip File instructions and verified the config files are accurate and no changes were needed since all is the same as before.

However, confluence won't start. I just get a Tomcat 404 page.

Confluence: 3.5.5-std

OS X: Mavericks (10.9) -» same on old and new machines

JRE: 1.6.0_65 -» I assume the old machine used this version since it was also running Mavericks

When I start confluence using the "...in a terminal window" script it shows the error dump below, however I'm not tech enough on Java to know what to do with the info.

I'd really appreciate some help...

Thanks,

Steve

Oakland, CA

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

2013-12-01 21:22:45,401 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 3.5.5 (build #2160)

2013-12-01 21:22:47,646 INFO [main] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Initialising the plugin system

2013-12-01 21:22:47,808 INFO [main] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Plugin system started in 0:00:00.158

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:50 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Error listenerStart

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:50 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:50 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:50 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.postgresql.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:50 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@57319f76]) and a value of type [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory] (value [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory@7adc28b2]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:50 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.atlassian.core.logging.ThreadLocalErrorCollection$2] (value [com.atlassian.core.logging.ThreadLocalErrorCollection$2@3f6fc94f]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:51 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:51 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 68772 ms

3 answers

0 votes
Steve Berley December 17, 2013

Still hoping for a bit of guidance with this one...thanks

0 votes
Steve Berley December 1, 2013

Yes, it does start on port 8080 but http://localhost:8080 is where I've been getting the Tomcat 404 errors.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2013

Apart from all the warnings, it seems like it start at port 8080 by looking at the following

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

Dec 1, 2013 9:23:51 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 68772 ms

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events