Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem upgrading from 8.19.1 to 8.22.4

Michael July 20, 2022

I am trying to upgrade the Jira 8.19.1 to 8.22.4

I have followed your upgrade guideline, but while running the exe I got an error message below

run those steps

1. administration > Application > Plan your upgrade no1 All pre-upgrade checks have passed
  2. administration > System > Instance Health all green ticks
  3. administration > Manage apps > Jira update check > all green
  4. administration > system > import and export > backup system 
  5. copy the following file to c:\temp
    1. dbconfig.xml
    2. bin\setenv32.bat
    3. bin\setenv.sh
    4. conf\server.xml
    5. bin\setenv.bat
    6. bin\setenv.bat.org
    7. conf\certfiicate files
  6. run cmd shutdown.bat on c:\program file\atlassian\jira\bin
  7. run the 8.22.4 Jira software after the backup is done the error message pop up. I saw another CONFSERVER-59387 just to click ignore and continue to set up and should not be any error. 
  8. after installation is complete, I click start Jira software 8.22.4 now, and next start access to the website but not show up.
  9. the Jira Service is running

error message.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Michael

I found this error in a bug which seems being processed (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59387) but that should not prevent an upgrade.

The "real" reason why it fails should be visible from logs. In case you are still stuck probably consulting an Atlassian Partner (https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/) could make sense, they are experienced in doing (even complex) upgrades.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events