prevent user names from showing on people button?

How can I turn off the People button or hide user names from other users?

1 answer

Check out a previous thread - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/99620/can-i-hide-the-people-directory-in-confluence-ondemand.

it is now possible for us to hide the people directory in a way that persists through upgrades. Please contact Support if you want this done.

Please note that this will only disable the peope directory menus in Confluence. It cannot, however, prevent users to access via a direct URL.

It is also not possible to hide user names from other users.

Yes, we would like to have this upgrade done for amplifire.atlassian.net. Please contact me so i can understand this better. Thanks, Susan Paulson spaulson@knowledgefactor.com and 720-214-9961

Or can you direct me to the documentation on this new feature? I could not find it, and in fact your doc still states that for ondemand, this is NOT possible, because it requires a plug-in.

I am getting emails telling me to comment, but I have already commented on this, 2 days ago....

Can I please get a response on this from my Nov. 22 comment....again, I am getting emails requesting me to comment.

Susan, this is a community site that is publicly accessible, it's not a good idea to include your email or phone in this venue. If you need support, please file a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com so that an Atlassian engineer can assist.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

115 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you