pocketquery plain text output

Alexey Anisimov October 15, 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to configure pocketquery to output data in plain text? I want to feed result of a query into scaffolding variable with replace-and-render macro like this:

{replace-and-render}
 {replace-body}{set-data:custname}%cn%{set-data}{replace-body}
 {replace-item:%cn%}{pocketquery:name=MSCRM_get_customer_name_by_id|parameters=crm_id=709F8D70-B8A2-DE11-95D6-0016359F287C}{replace-item}
{replace-and-render}

But I get following result:

pq.png

Instead of actual query result (marked green)

Or is it possible to do it other way?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

Hi Alexey,

So, I implemented the "plain text feature" in version 1.14. You can add this line on top of your template:

## @param plain:true

There will be no HTML or other markup produced. Only the content rendered from your template.

Let me know if it works!

Regards, Felix [Scandio]

0 votes
Alexey Anisimov October 28, 2014

Hi Felix,

Thanks for trying to help.

Unfortunately, output with your template looks like this:

<div class="pocketquery-view-container"> <script> PocketQuery.chartJson("MSCRM_get_customer_name_by_id", "{"cols":[{"id":"customer","label":"customer","type":"string"}],"rows":[{"c":[{"v":"Rive Gauche"}]}]}"); PocketQuery.queryJson("MSCRM_get_customer_name_by_id", "[{"customer":"Rive Gauche"}]"); PocketQuery.queryColumns("MSCRM_get_customer_name_by_id", "["customer"]"); </script> <div class="pocketquery-result "> Rive Gauche<script>(function() { var plainText, clone = jQuery('.pocketquery-result').clone(); clone.children().remove(); plainText = jQuery.trim(clone.text()); jQuery('.pocketquery-view-container').before(plainText).remove();}());</script> </div> </div>

So it seems that I have to wait your "plain text output" feature.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2014

No give up so fast ;). Is your desired output "Rive Gauche" as plain text?

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2014

Hi Alexey,

Interesting use-case! I've never thought of that before, my assumption was always that the output would be something HTML-alike. There is no clean way to achieve what you want at the moment. But I wrote a possibility to produce plain text on the long-term roadmap of PocketQuery.

In the meantime, I can offer you a template workaround. You could use something like this in your PocketQuery template (I know this is not a particularly pretty solution):

$result.get(0).id ## just output your plaintext result here
<script>
(function() {
	var plainText, clone = jQuery('.pocketquery-result').clone();
	clone.children().remove();
	plainText = jQuery.trim(clone.text());
	jQuery('.pocketquery-view-container').before(plainText).remove();
}());
</script>

Let me know if this helps!

Regards, Felix [Scandio]

Suggest an answer