please provide the clarification regarding the Community Forums plugin

preetha a June 16, 2015

we have installed the Community forum plugin version : 2.3 in Confluence version : 5.7.3.

we are able to add the macros as provided in the documentation.

But in the General configuration we are able to see some tabs which is been crossed as below.

image2015-6-17 11:54:21.png

and one more option is available like upgrade to community forums version 2.

Could you please provide the solution.

Regards,

Preetha

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hessom Arta [Adaptavist] June 16, 2015

Hi Preetha,

Is this a new installation of Community Forums or did you have Community Forums v.1.2.3 (or older)? The advice below is based on the assumption you're doing a new install of Community Forums and were not a customer of the old forums (pre-2.0)

As mentioned in the screenshot you've posted, the migration task has detected 0 old Community Forums macros and so there is no need to perform the migration task - there are no forums to be converted to use the new Community Forums 2 architecture. I'll add a ticket to our backlog to check that this page only appears if there are old macros to migrate, otherwise there should only be the Configuration page available.

The crossed out pages - Forums and Locked Comments Config - are deprecated and only relate to the old forums. We've added a caution message explaining this in those pages. We decided to not remove these immediately in order to allow our customers to migrate across to the new Community Forums when it is best for their organisation, without removing any functionality from the old forum macros. We're removing these configuration pages later this year. There's some more information in our blog post: http://www.adaptavist.com/w/experience-community-forums-2-1-now/ and additional information can be found in our documentation regarding the upgrade to Community Forums 2: http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/CFP2/Upgrading+Existing+Forums+to+the+New+Community+Forums+2

I hope this information has helped, if you require further information, please do let us know. You can raise a support request directly using our contact form http://www.adaptavist.com/w/about/contact-us/

Kind Regards,

Hessom

preetha a June 17, 2015

hi Team, Please clarify whether there is any impact for these crossed tabs. Will it affect the functionality?

Hessom Arta [Adaptavist] June 17, 2015

No, the functionality that was in those tabs has been implemented in the new forums. Those tabs only relate to the use of the old Community Forums macros. As you have installed a new instance of Community Forums and are not using the macros from the old Community Forums (1.x) you can ignore those tabs completely. I hope this clarifies the matter for you. If you require any further support please don't hesitate to contact us via our site http://www.adaptavist.com/w/about/contact-us/ Kind Regards, Hessom

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2015

The addon needs to perform upgrade work on your existing forums data - it has detected older data that it cannot work with.  I'd suggest you backup your Conflluence and then click the "upgrade to version 2" link

preetha a June 16, 2015

Please mention why the 2 options are put in crossed state.

Please provide the comments.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2015

Because you can't use it until the data has been upgraded.

preetha a June 16, 2015

f1.JPGf3.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2015

Ah, excellent, you have tried it. If that has not fixed it, then I think you may have run into an issue. Could you try disabling, and re-enabling the plugin and check the log for any errors. After that, I'd raise it with Adaptavist (I don't work directly on our addons, but I'll poke the owner too, the team may well have seen this before)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events