Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one specific user not able to login our confluence sit

Rinku Saha April 1, 2014

HI,

One user is not able to login our confluence site. we are using confluence 5.1.3. our confluwnce site is using user details through AD.

When i checked the user accountb on Confluence site, i found little different from other ( please refer attached screenshot.

system is alowing me to edit user details, where for other users i found this is read-only.

Please help me ti fix this issue.

Thanks'

Rinku

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

Sounds like you've added them to a different user directory (the internal one?), so it's not using LDAP for their account, and hence, not picking up the right groups etc.

Rinku Saha April 1, 2014

yes, we adde the user with default group, but till user is not able to login.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

But where did you add the user?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2014

Virtually identical question asked earlier today - see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/279543/set-permission-ondemand

0 votes
Rinku Saha April 1, 2014

Hi Andris,

it is not taking user credientials. after providing user credientials its asking again and again.

Thanks'

Rinku

0 votes
Rinku Saha April 1, 2014

yes we added the user active directory . we used one default group for all user one to login confluence site which is taking care the user details from Active directory. this user after adding into the default group not able to login confluence site.

Thanks'

Rinku

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

What error message appears when user try to login?

Incorrect password? Not allowed?

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

maybe yry to delete user, from internal directory. Then AD account will be used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events