on -prem Confluence is not redirecting user to IDP when SSO is enabled

Rohith Udupa April 23, 2019

I have configured SAML with plugin provided by Okta.

I have changed login URL in serap-config.xml to point to Okta. But when we access confluence URL, it is not redirecting to IDP. It is prompting for username and password authentication. But IDP initiated login works fine with SAML.

Is there any reason for this to happen. I rechecked the configuration so many times. Test confluence server works fine. But the same version in prod gives out this error. 

1 answer

0 votes
Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2019

Hi @Rohith Udupa ,

It could be possible that the plugin you are using does not have a feature to force users to login with their IDP credential. 

You can try the miniOrange SAML SSO plugin for Confluence, It has a feature "Auto-Redirect to IDP". If enabled, all the unauthenticated users will be automatically redirected to IDP for authentication along with that it supports both SP and IDP initiated SSO.

Also, you don't need to change any of the files in the Confluence Server. The plugin installation and configuration is pretty straight forward. Here is the step by step documents to integrate Confluence with OKTA.

I work for miniOrange. If you need further help with the plugin setup, you can reach out to us at atlassiansupport@miniorange.com

Thanks,

Lokesh

Rohith Udupa April 23, 2019

@Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange  Thanks for your rply. But currently I'm using Okta plugin and it worked fine in the test environment. The same configuration when I moved it to prod, it is not working properly.

Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2019

Hi @Rohith Udupa ,

I am not familiar with OKTA's SSO plugin but It seems like a configuration issue as it is working fine on the test environment. 

Please crosscheck the configuration again and it will be better if you raise a support request to OKTA, they will help you out to re-configure the plugin for your use case.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Like Rohith Udupa likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events