my {noformat} tag is rendered in text instead of changing the content format

Nate Chu September 21, 2015

I have entered some text surrounded by \{noformat\} tags.  I'm not clear why the text is not rendered in a separate box as indicated in the help documentation?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

The Confluence editor no longer supports wiki markup natively.  Therefore, you have 2 options:

1. In the editor, click on "Insert" and then "Wiki Markup".  This will allow you to insert text surrounded by the noformat tags.
  2. In the editor, type "{" and then start typing and you should see "No Format" in the popup list. Click on that and a box will be inserted where you can type the text that you want to be in the non-formatted text box.

If you already knew all this, and it is simply that your text was not rendered in a box, then there is probably some issue with CSS interacting with other stuff on the page.  I just tried it in my personal Cloud instance and it rendered just fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events