Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple excerpt include

Philip Woolgrove October 29, 2015

is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Excerpt Include Macro

i don't seem to be able to include multiple excerpts in a summary page. as i add a second excerpt to the page it shows the macro on the edit page, however after saving it is no longer there?

ultimately i'm try display the goals from multiple product requirements templates in a summary page for senior management to review. this is to help grasp the objectives of all the candidates for next years road-map.

6 answers

1 vote
Parva C. - Narva Software April 23, 2021

Hi Philip,

As an alternative, please try our add-on Multiple Excerpts & Include Macros.

As name suggests, it allows adding multiple excerpts in a page which are identified by excerpt key.

You can then use 'Multiple Excerpts Include' macro to include defined excerpts in another page. This way, you can include as many excerpts as you need.

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Looks like Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros (Table Filter and Charts app) can be used in this case for multi-excerption within multiple pages and spaces searched by page names, page trees and labels. So it allows you to have multiple excerpts within a single page as well as to pull multiple excerpts from multiple pages using a single Table Excerpt Include macro.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Stumbled across your answer - awesome!

We didn't get Table Filters for this - but what a great workaround for a solution that should exist anyway in Confluence 

Thanks @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ 

0 votes
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2019

While this is late to the table, I came across this via Google when trying to solve a similar problem (Content by Label) was my fix, so thought I would post what I have done.

I have a series of pages in a space that talk about projects in the firm (one project, one page and I only have one Excerpt macro per page). I wanted to create a page that summarised all of the current projects for this year.

What I have done is:

• Each project page has labels (financial year, approved status)
  • Except macro included on the page template (set to hidden), which gives the executive summary
  • Content By Label macro on my summary page that looks for the appropriate labels and includes the excerpts.

^ Again not sure that this is totally relevant to the question here, but as I stumbled across my link in my googling I though it would be good to add :)

0 votes
James Brown December 11, 2017

Would there be a way to edit the macro in source view

from first page

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="c9f55875-5672-4dc0-be3a-6e483b5c54c4" ac:name="excerpt" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<p>asdfasdfasdf</p>
<p>asdfasdfasdf</p>
<p>asdfasdf</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>

0 votes
Anton Kronseder _smartics_ February 26, 2016

Hi Philip,

in the case you would like to have a look at another solution: the projectdoc Toolbox add-on would fit too.

Documentation on transclusions for the projectdoc Toolbox: Transclusion Macro

A even better match to your problem could be using of one of our blueprints (e.g requirement of our software dev blueprints) in combination with the Transclude Documents Macro of our toolbox. This would combine the strength of a search over all or some requirements and transcluding a section of your choice.

Please bear in mind - as one of the authors of this tool - I might be prepossessed smile

Best regards,

Anton
(Team projectdoc

Anton Kronseder _smartics_ February 26, 2016

Sorry I just saw you tagged your question with confluence and confluence-cloud. This solution is only for confluence, not for cloud sad

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2015

The standard "excerpt" macro only handles single excerpts, so you can only use {excerpt} once in a source page.  You should be able to have {excerpt-include page1} {excerpt-include page2} {excerpt-include page3} on your target summary page though.

If you need multiple excerpts from one source page, you'll need the multi-excerpt macro.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2016

Hi Nic,

is it possible to include the same excerpt from a source page, to the destination page twice?

i.e. to have the exclude once on the top of the page and once at the bottom.

i tried this by myself and the second exclude won't show anything.

Best Regards,

Alex

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2016

I don't think it is - I've not tried to duplicate information like that.

Stephen Decker April 27, 2017

I've been able to insert an excerpt multiple times on a destination page using the standard Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros.

Adriana Ellice-Flint May 9, 2017

I have similar problem as Philip, want to include excerpts from multiple pages to show on summary page. I have 2 excerpt include macros on one page, referring to 2 separate pages, which only have 1 excerpt each.

I can see correct excerpts included in preview of summary page, but not in saved page.

The content of excerpts is incorrect, values from multiple pages excerpt section are showing in each excerpt include macro, in other words, they are duplicated.

Like Rob Simpson likes this
Adriana Ellice-Flint May 9, 2017

could this be a problem in older version, using 5.10.8

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2017

I use the multiexcerpt macro (paid but cheap). It makes it much easier to do transclusions, IMHO.

Adriana Ellice-Flint May 11, 2017

Thanks for tip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events