Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multimedia macro: this plugin is not supported.

Deleted user June 26, 2015

Hi all,

I'm learning to use multimedia macro and met difficulties, please help me figure out. Thanks!!

After uploaded the videos as attachment, I inserted the multimedia macro but it doesn't show the video:

For .wmv file and .avi file, it shows: the plug-in is not supported:

image2015-6-26 19:1:55.png

For .mov file and .mp4 file, I installed Quicktime as request but it still shows nothing:

image2015-6-26 19:2:34.png

I also tried smaller file (size: 4mb~16mb) but nothing happened. And neither Chrome nor IE can make them work. 

Does anyone knew what caused this problem? Should I enable any plug-in?

Thanks in advance,

Hongjing FU

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

Hi Hongjing,

I would recommend using a user macro to display HTML5 video (not supported by the multimedia macro, at least not yet).  I have one:

https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros/src/39c3a025dacc6b45abc0105f0b7a21a7375690b4/html5video/html5video.vm?at=master

or you could use David Simpson's version (mine is based on his):

https://davidsimpson.me/2013/07/28/html-5-video-user-macro-for-atlassian-confluence/

Both work best with MP4 video.

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

I have added both of the above two as a macro and tried to play a mp4 video.

My video plays only 3-4 minutes out of total 47 minute.

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2016

It provides a VM file content. How to embed this plugin via the Add-Ons Manager?

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

It is not done via a plugin, but rather the "User Macros" section of the Confluence "General Configuration" options.

Here's some more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html

Simply choose a name for the user macro (like html5video), copy/paste in the content, and once you save it, it should show up in the macros list.

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

Thanks a lot Stephen; I've managed to create a new macro. The code provided by David Simpson does not work properly yet, but this is another discussion.

Deleted user July 12, 2018

I have the same problem and doesn't succeed to create a working user macro.

How can I modify the code so that it works? Any ideas?

0 votes
Patrick Pfisterer December 19, 2019

I am still getting the same issue 4 years later...

After uploaded the videos as attachment, I inserted the multimedia macro but it doesn't show the video:

For .wmv file, it shows: the plug-in is not supported.

How can I solve this problem ?

0 votes
Graham Campbell May 6, 2016

I'm also seeing this issue, after having previously seen these video formats working.

I've added a bug, here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-41623 which I encourage you to vote up and follow. Something's clearly wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events