Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

most recent search terms

Pete B December 4, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Recently Viewed Pages and Blog Posts

Is there a way to view most recent search terms? I'd like to understand what my readers are looking for in our docs. 

I'm seeing only 2 results (out of > 3000 unique pageviews in the past week) in Google Analytics that have "?src=search" and I know I've searched for more terms than that. 

This plug-in (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.pixsoftware.confluence.plugin.referrals/server/overview) seems useful for referral traffic offsite, but I'd like to know what people are searching for ON our site. 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2015

Hi @Pete B,

If you have Google Analytics on your Confluence instance, you can use an advanced filter on the Site Content page like 

Page starts with "{my_confluence_url}/dosearchsite.action"

And you'll quickly see the top search terms appear at the top of the results.  Here's an example when I do this for confluence.atlassian.com:

cac-filter.png

cac-search.png

Pete B December 4, 2015

Thanks for the super fast reply, Joseph Clark [Atlassian]. However, when I apply that filter (Site Content > All Pages > Advanced filter > Include Page Begins with "/dosearchsite.action", I get just two results: /dosearchsite.action /dosearchsite.action?startIndex=0&where=conf_all When I included the site URL for our Confluence, it showed 0 results, so I kept the filter just to "/dosearchsite.action". I've been searching our docs during the period, so I would figure at least the terms I've searched for would show up. When I sorted the analytics for the past month, I'm still seeing just 9 results, most of them of the form "?startIndex=10" The dosearchsite.action page has been hit almost 400 times, so you'd think there would be more results here. Thanks for your help! PS: I'm trying to upload a screen shot and get an error that I'm not allowed to perform this operation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events