@mention using ldap usernames instead of person's name

Steven Parish September 29, 2013

When using @mention to assign tasks I can only use a person's full name and not the actual username form our ldap system. This can be confussing as some sys admins have several accounts making their name show up several times in the autocomplete. Also we have interns with department acocunts and the ldap system does not sync with confluence in a timely manner (our ldap issue, not confluence) so the accounts are frequently assiciated with a previous intern's name.

I would really like to be able to @mention a username dircetly. I checked with our University's support for our confluence system and was told this would have to be a feature request to Atlassian developers. Is this really not a configurable option?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

There is not great way to do this. I could be done with a user macro ... kinda. Here is what I worked up. It may work for what you want.

Macro Name:
mention

Macro Title:
Mention

Description:
Mention a user via user name instead of full name.

Macro Body Processing:
No Macro body

Template:
## Macro title: Mention
## Macro has a body: N
## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 10/01/2013
## Mention a user via username instead of full name.

## @param User:title=User|type=string|required=true|desc=Enter the username of the person you would like to mention.

<ac:link>
<ri:user ri:username="$!paramUser"/>
</ac:link>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events