main.vmd not used in editor when crating page from blueprint

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

We use a custom theme in Confluence 5.1. If I create a new page or edit an existing one, the main.vmd decorator from the theme is used and our theme look & feel of the editor is correct.

However, if I create a page from the following blueprints, the main.vmd decorator from the custom theme is not applied and the layout of the editor is not correct:

• com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-business-blueprints:meeting-notes-blueprint
  • com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-software-blueprints:requirements-blueprint
  • maybe others?

The right CSS file is being loaded, it really seems to be the decorator that is being ignored.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Thomas

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
dT April 7, 2013

Hi Thomas,

It looks like you have uncovered a bug with our decorator code, and I am afraid that there is no simple workaround. I've created issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28834 to track the problem, so please vote on it and watch it for progress.

If you really need a workaround and are comforatable editing plugin XML files, you could edit the <decorator> module in the confluence-create-content-plugin jar so that the "page" attribute points to your theme's main.vmd file instead of decorators/main.vmd.

Hope that helps!

David

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Hello David,

Editing the confluence-create-content-plugin jar would work. However, customers who install the theme on their Confluence would have to tweak the plugin as well.
Nevertheless, thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
Thomas

1 vote
Agnes Ro April 4, 2013

Hi Thomas,

It seems that we always apply the default main.vmd decorator to that blueprint url. I've raised a ticket here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28808

Cheers,

Agnes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events