main article for search word

Emil Krogsgaard November 21, 2019

Hi all,

In other Knowledge solutions that I have used I have seen the possibility of adding a "golden word" (I can't remember the exact declaration of the function) to an article. For example, you might have a lot articles containing the word Iphone, but if someone searches for the word Iphone there is a specific "Iphone overview" article that should always be displayed as the first article, as this gives an immediate overview of what this phrase is about.

Do you have this function in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2019

Hello there, @Emil Krogsgaard . Great to see new faces around the community!

What I got from your description is that we need fixed results based on a single word search. Currently, this is not exactly present in Confluence. What we have are Labels, which can be used to achieve pretty similar behavior.

Here is our documentation on those:

By using labels, we are able to search by content with specific labels or even display all content that contains a specific label. Here is how:

1. Create a page
  2. Publish it
  3. Add the desired label
  4. Search by using the labelText: parameter

Or

1. Create a page
  2. Publish it
  3. Add the desired label
  4. Then, as described in our documentation:                                                                “When viewing a page or post that has labels, or that displays the Attachments macro, choose any label to go to the Labeled content page for that space. This displays a list of all the pages in that space, with that label. To see all content on the site with that label, choose the cog icon > See content from all spaces.”

Also, take a look at our Search Syntax documentation for a deeper understanding of how to use Confluence Search:

If the above approach does not fit your needs, we can use Advanced Search and the Search Results Macro. Let me show you:

1. Create a page
  2. Publish it
  3. Add the desired label
  4. Create a new page
  5. Add the Search Results macro
  6. Set the search terms to the label
  7. Publish this page

Here is our documentation on both Confluence Search Syntax and the Search Results Macro:

The downside of setting this macro is that we will need to have one for each page result that you want.

The positive side of Label usage is that all your content can be organized to fit “boxes” that group content with related content in the long term.

I hope this shines some light on your situation, Emil! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events