Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

made a data tree from a large excel file

Altynai Kolbaeva July 15, 2021

Hello everyone Guys, I have such a problem.

We made a data tree from a large excel file, which pulls the desired excel sheet from the general table and displays this information in the tab when you click on the name of the desired section. Data from one sheet should not be seen by users who see data from another sheet. I attach a sampleexm.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Could you explain what this has to do with Confluence?

Altynai Kolbaeva July 19, 2021

I must administrate all department budgets. I've created the board (1, 2 scr). Now I have one problem: I cann't hide one depart budgets information from another depart users. I don't have privacy. How can I do it?

1st scr.jpg2nd scr.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Ok, that's nothing to do with excel or even page trees in Confluence.

If you do not want a person or group to be able to see something, use "restrictions" on the page you want to hide. 

Imagine you have Page A, with child pages Aa, Ab and Ac, and similarly page B with children Ba, Bb, and Bc.  The space permissions all say that Alice, Bob and Charlie can see the space and so pages within it.

Let's say Alice should only see the tree for A, and Bob the tree for B, and Charlie can see both.  Put a restriction on A that says "Alice and Charlie have view rights", and a restriction on B that says "Bob and Charlie have view rights".  The view restrictions cascade down to the child pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events