It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

macro causes link in space tree - can someone direct me to ticket?

We create meeting retrospectives using the retrospectives template, labeled as such.

Then, display them as a list using the page properties report.

Every time a meeting retrospective is added, a link is automatically generated and added to the SPACE navigation panel as a main page.  We don't want every team's list shown here.

I know this link can be deleted each time a retrospective is created.  But can someone point me to the Atlassian support ticket for this complaint?  There should be an option to not have this link generated. 

Much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for contacting us. There is a feature request below to be able to prevent indexes from being created when you use a blueprint to create a page.

• CONFCLOUD-34205 Make it optional for page blueprints to create the index page

Please vote on the request and you will be automatically added to the list of watchers and receive updates when there is any progress.

As a workaround, you can apply a special label to each team's retrospectives or make sure they're in separate spaces. Then, you can go into the retrospective index page, edit the macro, and click Add a filter. Add an additional filter to include that label, or specify which space you want the results to appear from.

From here, you could even copy the page and have separate indexes for the other teams.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon.  Can we at least upgrade the feature request from "needs verification"?

It's only got 10 watchers.  How can we gain momentum for this option?

Hello Wendy,

I would say just do as you have, comment on it, vote on it, and once the development team has updated this case, you will receive a notification on it. 

It's in Needs Verification right now as it's still in the backlog. For more information on how feature requests are prioritized, have a look at our Implementation of New Features Policy

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

314 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you