Well actually I want to use jQuery 1.6 or above for one of the tooltip. But If I am placing this line in Custom HTML (at the end of head):
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js"></script>

The feature I want(tootip) is working fine but When I go to Add/Edit Page and try to use the Other Macros or even editing the macros, Nothing is showing up. But when I try removing the above line, everything seems fine.

Please tell me how to integrate jquery version 1.6 or above in my Confluence without having any problem?

Using Confluence 4.03

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
David Simpson Community Champion Nov 07, 2011

Confluence already includes jQuery. Why add another instance? Can't you just use the slightly older version instead?

No actually I am using Tipped (http://projects.nickstakenburg.com/tipped) which uses jQuery 1.6 or above. Can you please tell me how to integrate v 1.6 in Confluence without any conflicts with the existing one? By the way, which version does it already contain/inbuilt?

Is there a certain way we have to access the jQuery provided by Confluence. If I'm not mistaken, it's inside of a file called batch.js, correct? My jQuery functions (simple fadeIn/fadeOut) don't work so I have to use a script src to include an external jQuery file. However, when I do this, my keyboard shortcuts lose functionality. If I can find out how to use the jQuery functions provided by Confluence, it might solve my problem.

David Simpson Community Champion Nov 07, 2011

@BJ Yang: It's namespaced as AJS.$ instead of just $ or jQuery.

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Nov 08, 2011

Confluence 4 appears to be running jquery 1.5.2.

If you want to load a different version of jQuery into the Confluence UI, you will need to follow the instructions in the jQuery docs on how to load them side-by-side: http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/

Hi Siddharth,

I had to update my javascripts to use another variable to call jQuery. I did so using a noConflict statement in the header:

<script>XXX= jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>

Where XXX is the new variable you would use instead of $ in your javascript.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

508 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you