cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • is there a way to have a message pop up when an anonymous user clicks on a link to a restricted page that says something like "This Training Manual is under construction and as a result, this link does not currently work"?

is there a way to have a message pop up when an anonymous user clicks on a link to a restricted page that says something like "This Training Manual is under construction and as a result, this link does not currently work"?

DebbieR June 21, 2015
Hi,

I am part way through completion of a Training Manual. Some of the pages have been published for our customers (anonymous users) to view, some haven't as they are still a WIP (they are restricted to internal staff). As a result when anonymous users click on a link to a restricted page, nothing happens. I don't want to remove all the links to the restricted pages, then reapply them once the page has been unrestricted/published.

Just wondering, is there a way to have a message pop up when an anonymous user clicks on a link to a restricted page that says something like "This Training Manual is under construction and as a result, this link does not currently work"?

Thank you,
Debbie

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2015

I do not know of a solution to show a popup on a link, but dependent on your use case (especially the number of links and it's representation on the page) you may choose to hide the link with a macro. That is the user won't see the link (or anything that is inside) according to their permissions.

There are a couple of plugins you may choose from to get this functionality:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events