• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

is there a way to clean out JIRA info from a Confluence backup?

I have a really old Jira and confluence shared environment backup. i am interested in restoring the old confluence data to my new site. the new environment has only confluence and i dont intend to restore JIRA. it is self hosted still on a dated version of confluence so that the data doesnt really mess up. 

I am able to restore and get most things workign except for syncrony which messes up and editor never loads and user creation that is looking for creating user on port 8080 and not 8090 for the new confluence server. there is no service configured on 8080.

I see in the cwd_directories that jira is the default user directory but i dont know how to change that or point confluence to use confluence internal directory to create and manage users. is there a way to clean JIRA out of these settings? 

Thanks

2 answers

i got a temporary answer from one of the confluence help pages so i can create users now.  Also Syncrony is working now but i am not sure if this is the change that fixed it. it was a secondary issue and i tried like 10 different solutions before getting this one without checking synchrony. 

full solution here 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF57/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

i only did the following: 

select d.id, d.directory_name, m.list_index from cwd_directory d join cwd_app_dir_mapping m on d.id=m.directory_id;

this shows me jira and internal as 0 and 1 respectively 

update cwd_app_dir_mapping set list_index = 0 where directory_id = <Internal Directory id>;

update cwd_app_dir_mapping set list_index = <Noted Internal Directory list_index> where directory_id = <Directory id that had list_index 0>;

this reverses so confluence internal is 0 and after a restart i can create users. 

nvm syncrony is not fixed. will see if i can fix that one in another post.

I would still appreciate a way to take out JIRA without messing up the backup. 

i see different lines in the .xml backup but i am not sure what the effect would be.

0 votes

Jira and Confluence are totally separate systems, so I think you need to explain what you are thinking by "take Jira out of Confluence"?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

103 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you