is there a way to clean out JIRA info from a Confluence backup?

Syed October 15, 2020

I have a really old Jira and confluence shared environment backup. i am interested in restoring the old confluence data to my new site. the new environment has only confluence and i dont intend to restore JIRA. it is self hosted still on a dated version of confluence so that the data doesnt really mess up. 

I am able to restore and get most things workign except for syncrony which messes up and editor never loads and user creation that is looking for creating user on port 8080 and not 8090 for the new confluence server. there is no service configured on 8080.

I see in the cwd_directories that jira is the default user directory but i dont know how to change that or point confluence to use confluence internal directory to create and manage users. is there a way to clean JIRA out of these settings? 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2020

Jira and Confluence are totally separate systems, so I think you need to explain what you are thinking by "take Jira out of Confluence"?

0 votes
Syed October 15, 2020

i got a temporary answer from one of the confluence help pages so i can create users now.  Also Syncrony is working now but i am not sure if this is the change that fixed it. it was a secondary issue and i tried like 10 different solutions before getting this one without checking synchrony. 

full solution here 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF57/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

i only did the following: 

select d.id, d.directory_name, m.list_index from cwd_directory d join cwd_app_dir_mapping m on d.id=m.directory_id;

this shows me jira and internal as 0 and 1 respectively 

update cwd_app_dir_mapping set list_index = 0 where directory_id = <Internal Directory id>;

update cwd_app_dir_mapping set list_index = <Noted Internal Directory list_index> where directory_id = <Directory id that had list_index 0>;

this reverses so confluence internal is 0 and after a restart i can create users. 

Syed October 15, 2020

nvm syncrony is not fixed. will see if i can fix that one in another post.

Syed October 15, 2020

I would still appreciate a way to take out JIRA without messing up the backup. 

i see different lines in the .xml backup but i am not sure what the effect would be.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events