Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a hidden group for all logged in users for use with seraph?

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

Hi all

Do you know if the seraph system can access an all-logged-in-users group for setting seraph roles? 

We have some content which is too large to store in confluence and which we wish to make available only to confluence users.  At present, we use a specific use the ConfluenceRoleMapper and the seraph paths to achieve this.  We want to extend this to all users and have 4 groups with can-use global rights.  I either have to place all users in one new group or find a special existing role in the system to allow for this.

Does anyone know if there's an all-logged users group I can use?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2015

No, that's a dynamic request and not a "group".  A group is a list of users grouped together, not a list of currently active users.

The applications using Seraph are also flexible - they allow you do explicitly nominate groups as "can log in", so you actually need to ask the application, not just Seraph.

(Also, "currently logged in" is not that useful a question.  If I log in, do some work and then wander off for the night, at what time am I not logged in?  I haven't logged out, my session may well timeout after a while of inactivity, but in reality, I stopped using it an hour ago.  I've also got the "remember me" ticked, so I don't need to log in again, just pick up where I left off the next morning)

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

So, I'll need to pull everyone into a group to make this work. Since we are going to push out to LDAP probably via crowd, I can use group nesting and move away from confluence internal groups. That'll give me all-authenticated-users group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events