Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the green arrow to indicate attachments gone in version 4.x?

hans-peter.geier February 26, 2013

In Confluence 3.x there used to be a little green arrow (pointing to the lower right) to indicate an attachment.

In 4.x I don't see this arrow anymore. Has it been removed, or did I make an installation mistake?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hans-peter.geier March 3, 2013

The response of the Atlassian support team was that this functionality has been dropped.

He/She admitted that it was gone without notice to the customers.

I have opened a request a bring it back.

I have ranked it a BUG, not an Enhancement, because there was no communication to the user community nor any mention in the release notes of the removal.

Readers, pls help voting it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28299

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

I can also confirmed that there's no green arrow in Confluence 3.x

The only arrow available is this:

I'm talking about the page View, not the attachment list.

see screenshots in the jira ticket https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-96967

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Ah I see. Looks like there was a misunderstanding here and we apologize for that. You are actually referring to Icon Links

I'm sorry to deliver the news that this feature is deprecated in Confluence 4.x and has been removed. Unfortunately, this has not been clearly mentioned in Confluence 4.0 release notes too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2013

Support issues are private - we can't see them.

I suspect you're using a theme or plugin that isn't in use in the other people's Confluence. A green down-arrow rings a bell with me from when I was at a site using Webdav for attachments - could that be it?

I have created a request to bring them back.

Here is the link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28299

Readers are welcome to vote for it.

For those readers which canot access my support ticket, I have copied the screenshot below.

Confluence 4.3 Screenshot:

This is how the same looked in Confluence 3.5:

I consider these arrows helpful when maintaining pages, so it is visible at a glance whether a link points to an external or internal page, or whether it is an attachment.

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

I could not find teh arrow even in Conflnuence 3.5.

The arrow is still present in JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events