is it possible to retrieve Confluence users' log on data?

is it possible to retrieve Confluence users' log on data?

3 answers

1 accepted

Thank you very much. I'll check that out.

0 vote

Possibly. Depends on what you mean by "log on data"? Last login date stamp, password failures and activity are stored, but beyond that, it gets a bit fuzzy and you kind of need to define what you're looking for (and telling us why could get you a much better answer than just a list of fields)

Ok. The simple answer there is "look at their profile" because it's displayed there.

I'm guessing you want to fetch it from some code though - could you explain what and where? Inside Confluence? Remote system? Also, why is this information needed?

Indeed, I need to know the last login date stamp of the registered users

I need a list of all the users and all their pertaining last login date stamp. We are assessing how many users are currently signed up, how often they use the tool and also identifying all the signed up users as we're reaching the limit of user count for our Confluence license. Is it possible to generate such a list with that information from inside Confluence?

Kewl, doing it inside Confluence gives you the option of direct access to the API. I would ramble through how I wrote a user macro to do this, but frankly, there's a much better one than the one I did over at

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/89027/how-to-find-last-login-date-of-users-in-confluence

Check Bruce's answer in the middle of it...

Indeed, I need to know the last login date stamp of the registered users.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

866 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you