Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to display issue in confluence from two separate jira instances using jira-issue macro

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2013

If possible how does it authenticates during requests ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2013

Sumit,

Yes, you can display issues in confluence from two separate instance of Jira.

If you have two jira application links in your confluence, when insert the jira-issue macro you should be able to choose which one you want to display the issues from.

Hope this helps

Sherry

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2013

Thanks .. this is what i was looking for.

I will investigate more on this now and will accept the answer accordingly.

Regards,

Sumit

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2013

In order to authenticate successfully against JIRA, the Confluence user must also be registered as a JIRA user with the same username. check this doc for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+Up+Trusted+Communication+between+JIRA+and+Confluence

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2013

I have it configured .... app links are getting created but still there is a issue when i try to display issue from jira instance which is not primary one.

So I asked whether its possible or not to display issues in confluence from two separate instance of Jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events