installing confluence

Joan Roth May 20, 2015

We are moving our JIRA and Confluence installation to a new server. I installed JIRA successfully and we are testing. I am now trying to install Confluence. I ran the Confluence windows setup using the  atlassian-confluence-5.7.4-x64 version. It steps through the installation wizard fine and the service starts, but then when I load the site into the web browser I get a blank page. I have tried restarting the service, restarting the server, and even uninstalling and re-installing. What is happening with the installation?

4 answers

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Hello, 

Usually this behaviour may be related to context path missing on the browser url. Can you confirm if you have setup this on Confluence? You can check going to <confluence-install>/conf/server.xml and looking for ContextPath flag. 

In case this is correct, can you confirm if do you have enough memory on Confluence and if there isn't another service running on the same port? Looking into your <confluence-home>/logs/confluence-atlassian.log can help to see what's going wrong.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Joan Roth June 4, 2015

HI Everyone,

I am still stuck installing Confluence on this server. I ran the uninstall, and fully removed all traces of Confluence. I setup database per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+for+SQL+Server,  reinstalled but now I am getting this error

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

on launch.

I first ran the Confluence service as local system (this is Windows 2012 Server using Microsoft SQL Server 2012). I later tried running Confluence as a local user Atlassian with rights per this doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Creating+a+Dedicated+User+Account+on+the+Operating+System+to+Run+Confluence

I even tried adding user Atlassian to the local administrators group but to no avail. Help!

Steve Blevins

cellphone 770 422 2739

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Hi,

In addition to what @Renato Rudnicki has mentioned, Please check if the port number mentioned in the server.xml <confluence-Install-Directory>/conf/server.xml is open 

Also check if there is any firewall blocking port specified.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

What's in the log?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events