Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

inline comments restricted in a visible space

Hello - we have a space in confluence that is visible to all staff. I'm trying to understand if the inline commenting tools can be used and seen only by a select group of staff, and how I would set that up. I can see options for adding comments or not, but not about just viewing the comments. Thanks, let me know if questions to better explain.

2 answers

1 vote

Hi @Jennifer Weber ,

Once you disable Comments permissions on a space level, users aren't able to leave both inline and page comments within this space. However, a workaround might be found in the Talk - Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence app. 

You can set up Talk Inline Comments Restrictions on a space level and add to the 'white' list groups or users who can see inline comments on a space level. 

Talk Space Permissions.png

Moreover, with our app, you can restrict viewing for the talks on a space level or/and for the specific comment thread. Say, you want your comments to be visible only internally. You can set space permissions for the comments only for a group or/and users who can view them. However, any user who can make comments can change restrictions for specific comment threads.

Talk permissions.png

0 votes
Pavel Junek Community Leader Mar 12, 2021

Hi Jennifer,

Unfortunately, hiding inline and normal comments for a certain group is not possible. See for example Comment on pages and blog posts.

All you can do is lock the entire page for specific users or groups - Page Restrictions 

Cheers

Pavel 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Presenter Mode for Confluence is here 🖥 👩‍💻

👋  Hello Community!  My name is Stephanie Zhang, and I’m a product manager on the Confluence cloud team. Today, I’m excited to announce the rollout of  Presenter Mode : a ...

2,308 views 19 41
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you