import requirements from Word

I need to import a large number of requirements which are currently stored in separate Word documents.

When I import from Word, the pages are not shown under Product Requirements, so obviously need to be changed to a different type, blueprint or however this is arranged.

Is there a way I can import immediately in the correct category or can I move them to correct category after import?

4 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 07, 2016

The blueprint is filtering for labels. The label it needs is requirements. You could import these from API which would let you set the label automatically, otherwise if you use the Word import you'll have to label them manually.

This is a great concept and I'll definitely want to use it in other ways as well - I can put documents in a hierarchie in the page tree, while showing them collected in the links.

The only problem at this moment is that the blueprint isn't showing all documents labeled "requirements". I've checked the macro and it's only filtering on the label and the space, but only showing a small number of requirements. What else can I check? I've tried saving the documents again with the label, even if I can add the label without editing...

Thanks for any help!

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 09, 2016

For some reason I'm not getting email alerts.

The API is vastly more powerful than the existing importers. As you noticed you can also place pages in the hierarchy via the API, which is great.

If the pages aren't showing up on the Product Requirements Index page, can you try checking out the Confluence Content Indexing admin page? Perhaps the content is failing to index? Perhaps a single re-index will fix the issue?

We can follow up with Atlassian Support if there is a recurring issue.

I found the error:

The Product Requirements page uses the Page Properties Report macro. This macro shows the info which is stored on individual page in the Page Properties macro. As the imported pages didn't have the Page Properties macro, there was nothing for the report to show. 

This means that after importing a Word document, the Page Properties macro needs to be manually added, as well as the "requirements" label. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,174 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you