i18ntranslate=off does not (fully) work

Pynlab SRL October 27, 2017

Hi.

I've do, some time ago, a translation check using the "i18ntranslate=on" parameter. Then after using "i18ntranslate=off" the UI is messed up.

Some labels are shown again with the i18n label, like "sidebar.header.spaces.link" or "like.bethefirst" in the bottom of the page.

How I can remove completely the i18n labels from my user profile?

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hi Emanuele,

I have created a bug ticket here:

I am still working on a solution for you as a workaround, so please stay tuned.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Māris Leimanis November 13, 2017

Hello.
Thanks for information.

I have same problem with JIRA & Service Desk when using ?i18ntranslate=off it won't turn off.

Waiting for fix. Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Maris,

Thank you for letting us know. This is for Confluence specifically but I'd like you to try this anyway:

1. Stop Jira/Jira Service Desk
  2. Remove these two folders:
    1. JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    2. JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  3. Start Jira

Then, can you tell me if you still have the issue?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2017

Hi Emanuele,

Can you let us know what version of Confluence you're using to replicate the issue, and if you have any screenshots you can send that show the behavior, it will also help.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Pynlab SRL October 27, 2017

Confluence 6.4.0

Schermata 2017-10-27 alle 13.36.02.pngSchermata 2017-10-27 alle 13.30.14 (2).png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2017

Hi Emanuele,

I just tested this, and I did run into a similar issue. All the labels disappeared except the sidebar.header.spaces.link and the ones on the UPM (Plugin Manager).

But then, for some reason, once I noticed I had a UPM update and then refreshed Confluence as it requested at the end of that, the labels went away.

Do you currently have an updates you can try in UPM or perhaps flushing the cache in Confluence? Does it make a difference if you add the i18ntranslate=off to the end of the primary URL or the current page you are on?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2017

Emanuele-

Apologies! I was able to replicate it again, and now it's stuck, and none of the above works this time.

I'm looking to see now if I can report this as a bug and also how we can turn off the labels now.

I will let you know what I find out.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events