Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cant access confluence - Database connection failed

Chris Birley February 21, 2020

m was running fine, but it suddenly stopped today - i get the following error - database connection failed upon accessing the system via web page. the database lives on the same machine

ive looked though the logs, and can see mention of:

2020-02-21 20:16:16,414 WARN [C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->2rxibva8t6ga3lx9tsc0|5a93acb6]-HelperThread-#2] [mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool] log Having failed to acquire a resource, com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool@5e40caab is interrupting all Threads waiting on a resource to check out. Will try again in response to new client requests.

ive rebooted the machine several times, and ensured that the confluence services are all running.

any suggestions as to where i can look - thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
MAJ February 21, 2020

Dear User

There is a file located in your home directory call confluence.cfg.xml

if you make a copy for that file and/or rename it. Then restart the system 

the application will re-create that file. Assuming your Dbase is okay that should recover your system. 

Good Luck 

Chris Birley February 21, 2020

thanks, ive managed to get it so that it loads now - but its talking about a first time setup - does this mean that ive lost everything, and that the db is screwed? or just that i go through the motions of setting it up again and it will find everything it needs to and will be ok?

MAJ February 24, 2020

as a rule of thumb always back up your database. 

to answer your question. No the data in your database should still be there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events