Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set the last author and timestamp for uploaded page histories

Brian M Thomas January 12, 2017

I'm migrating content from various legacy wikis into Confluence.  I've managed to get the pages to load properly with their histories, but when I try to set the last author and timestamp information to their original values, Confluence refuses it, for understandable reasons.  But my clients don't want my name as the last author of all of their contents, or the upload time as the version date.

I have thought of two possible workarounds, neither of which I like:

• upload the converted content to another instance, then export each space and modify the data in the export files and upload to the target instance
  • directly access the database

.Any other suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2017

Hi Brian,

Your workarounds are the only options I know of, and you can't access the database in the Cloud version, so you've only got option 1.

You might be able to find an add-on in the Atlassian Marketplace, although nothing jumps out as being able to do this (you might have more luck with a more thorough search though). Sorry I don't have better news for you....

Brian M Thomas January 13, 2017

I suspected as much, and your point about Cloud is well taken, though I don't think all of my clients are using it.  Regardless, it is the least preferable anyway because of the risk.  If something goes wrong with my transformation of the XML file, I've always got the original, but if I screw up the database...

I spent some time in an earlier life developing an XSLT file to replace elements from the exporting wiki with their equivalents in the new one, but had to abandon it before finishing.  That looks like the best way to do it, and it seems, under the circumstances, that someone must have done that already.

But that's probably best asked as a separate question, since I've already accepted this answer, though I might unaccept it in case someone else has an idea.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events