how to restrict the user viewing for confluence space for a particular project ?

prabhu kumar October 5, 2016

Hi Team,

i  am using JIRA cloud instance & i am using confluence too . My request the users out of particular project are able amend the other project people documents . How could we restrict the users in confluence for a particular project viewing ?.

Thanks

kumar

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

There are different ways to do this

You can have multiple Spaces i.e. one per project, with different Users allowed to access the different Spaces

or you can have one "project Space" with all users having access but then set up a top level page per project - then place View Restrictions on that top level Parent page with only the nominated people on the list, then all Child pages to it will automatically inherit the same View Restrictions.  only the people on the list will see the Parent page and its children - if the person is not on the list of View Restrictees they will not even know the page exists.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events