how to know the total attachments of a page?

I need to know howmany files attached has a page...

exists any variable for this???

thnx

4 answers

Could you explain what you need to achieve? Plugin?

REST API do gives the count of attachments for a page.

inside the principal decorator... is there something like $sitemeshPage or anything ???

The AbstractPage has a getAttachments() method on it that you could probably use. It returns a List. You could then just get the number of items in the List. What little doc there is on the method says "Don't use it directly, use AttachmentManager.getAttachments(page) instead"

According to this page (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Objects+Accessible+From+Velocity), you can use $attachmentManager to get a reference to the AttachmentManager. The AttachmentManager has a method called countLatestVersionsOfAttachments() that appears to do exactly what you want.

matt

nope, Those options doesn't work... :( I need to know how many attached files have the page, inside the main layout...

How do you want to use this variable?

You can display it on a page by writing a user macro & accessing the velocity context.

## Macro title: Attachment download Path
## Macro has a body: N
##
## Developed by: Matthew Cobby matt@andamooka.com

## Get basic manager objects first
#set($attachmentManager=$content.getAttachmentmanager())

## Get the Page manager & the target page
#set($attachmentsList=$attachmentManager.getLatestVersionsOfAttachments($content))
#set($numAttachments=$attachmentsList.size())

Number of Attachments: $numAttachments;

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

916 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you