Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit "children display"

Rauno Pihlajamäki April 5, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Children Display Macro

I have a page, with links like this. When I click the "Edit" button on top of the page (I want to add new link, eg. API) to that list.

Selection_408.png

And this opens. I don't know how to proceed with this, when clicking the "Edit" on this element, what I have to do to add that API link there?

Selection_409.png

2 answers

0 votes
Rauno Pihlajamäki April 6, 2016

Hi,

and thanks for the answer, it works.

Is it so that the children display macro is "untouchable" after it has been created?

Is it possible to "ungroup" it to "normal" page layout?

BR.

Rauno

Monika Antos [Adaptavist] April 6, 2016

Children display macro looks at the child pages of the page it is located on (unless you change the parent page attribute in its configuration). 

If you want to add an 'API' link, an easy way is to add a child page titled 'API' where you place all the relevant information. When you refresh your parent page, the Children display macro should list the API page too.

Also, double-click on the macro to get familiar with its attributes. There is an option there to change how the links are displayed. This may satisfy your layout needs.

Otherwise you can replace the macro with manually created links.

Like Deleted user likes this
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2016

If you want to "ungroup" it, you could select the links in view mode, copy, and then paste over the Children display macro.  However, if you were to then add another child page, it would not show up in the list automatically anymore.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2016

Hi Rauno,

The children display macro doesn't show links in the editor because it is generated dynamically upon viewing the page.

If you want to add another link at the bottom of the list, I would recommend moving the cursor to the right side of the children display macro box and pressing Shift+Enter (this will insert a single line-space instead of a double line-space) and then create a new Bullet List by clicking on the icon or pressing Ctrl+Shift+B and create a new link to wherever you need. Then you should be able to have a dynamic list of children followed by your link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events