how to customize customer portal in jira service desk 3.8.2

Plimster January 18, 2018

I'm fairly new to jira and confluence. I have installed jira 7.1.4, Service Desk 3.8.2 and Confluence 6.6.0 on my own server that we will be making available to our customers.

The document page https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-the-customer-portal-732528918.html is incorrect. When I click Customer Channels as the admin, instead of being able to customize the portal I just get a pop-up showing the URL, the link to visit the portal, and a link for setting up email requests.

My goal is to provide a link for customers to the confluence knowledge base that I have set up. I have made the application links between jira and confluence.

How can I make the knowledge base accessible to customers?

Thanks,

Mark, new Atlassian customer 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Hi Mark,

It appears that you were looking at the Jira Service Desk Cloud version of the documentation, but not the one that matches your version, which is 3.8 Server:

At the top of the page if an article exists for other versions, you can use the drop-downs to select your version.

Can you review that article and let me know if it matches what you're seeing and helps you accomplish what you require?

If not, let me know what you're having trouble with and I'll be happy to assist.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events