how does one update the cert for the atlassian suite?

Hi, I'm new to all this, and have taken over within an organization, and am not too sure what I am doing.

Our wildcard cert expired, and I've been tasked with updating it. I have the new cert, as I renewed it. The old one expired yesterday, and I need to update it somewhere(dont' know where)for Atlassian suite to work? Which includes JIRA, Confluence, and other things i'm assuming? I know i'm not providing a lot of details, but I'm hoping someone would be willing to assist in helping me get this done.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

It all depends on what is serving the site. It could be tomcat itself, apache, nginx, ISS etc.

If it`s in tomcat, then you`ll need to import ther certificate to the keystore. This can be done with keytool (command line) or Keystore Explorer, XCA or similar GUI programs on windows. Then you provide the path to the keystore to JIRA, along with an alias for the certificate in the keystore.

If its done one the proxy (which I prefer) then simply replace any references to the files on the file system.

-Lars

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

399 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you