Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does one update the cert for the atlassian suite?

Newbie Withquestions September 10, 2017

Hi, I'm new to all this, and have taken over within an organization, and am not too sure what I am doing.

Our wildcard cert expired, and I've been tasked with updating it. I have the new cert, as I renewed it. The old one expired yesterday, and I need to update it somewhere(dont' know where)for Atlassian suite to work? Which includes JIRA, Confluence, and other things i'm assuming? I know i'm not providing a lot of details, but I'm hoping someone would be willing to assist in helping me get this done.

1 answer

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2017

It all depends on what is serving the site. It could be tomcat itself, apache, nginx, ISS etc.

If it`s in tomcat, then you`ll need to import ther certificate to the keystore. This can be done with keytool (command line) or Keystore Explorer, XCA or similar GUI programs on windows. Then you provide the path to the keystore to JIRA, along with an alias for the certificate in the keystore.

If its done one the proxy (which I prefer) then simply replace any references to the files on the file system.

-Lars

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events