Kathleen McNiff March 7, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Templates

How do you use Giffy

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

Install it, then use "insert gliffy diagram" to pop up the window to draw your diagram

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

On top of installing it, I would suggest you review the manual.

https://www.gliffy.com/user-manual/?productId=1

Manjunatha K R March 7, 2017

Hi Nic/Stephen,

We are planing to use "Gliffy Diagrams For JIRA" for our product system design documentation as we use JIRA for Release/Sprint management in my organization.

With the above said my requirement in brief, we create system design issue type JIRA issues in my specific release/sprint under a JIRA Agile project and create required system design documents using the specific system design JIRA issue's More->Add Giffy Diagram option. When we save this document in Giffy, it adds as an attachment to the linked JIRA issue.

I need clarifications on the followings:

1. Once the System design document is saved/ready in Giffy/JIRA attachment, I would like to publish the same for review with my team members as reviewers.

2. Reviewers will go thru the published System design document and has to share their inline comments for my reference to analyze to fix(i,e re-updating the same document with new version) or reject their comments. Once review is successfully completed, there should be a option to confirm whether review is completed or not for all reviewers.

Is this supported in Giffy tool or We need some other integrated add-on to achieve the same???

3. Also As system design document has UML, flow chart, network diagrams along with the feature Id, Requirement id details updated in it - I would like to create JIRA issues against each requirement ids updated by me in the reviewed system design document.

So Is it possible to export Giffy document to import it into JIRA import format(CSV, etc) to create JIRA issues??? as my system design document attached to a system design JIRA issue type will be having more numbers of requirements on the several impacted components in my project assigned in a specific release/sprint as part of my JIRA Agile project.

Also added reviewers of system design document, possible to update their compliance against each requirement ids captured in the document as Fully compliant(FC), Partial complaint(PC) or Not Complaint(NC) after or in-between the implementation of JIRA issues created against each requirement ids(Step 3) on the impacted components in a assigned sprint.

is this can done in JIRA if importing option(step 3) is supported by Giffy/Jira?

Please share your feedback on my above requested clarifications, helps me to proceed further on finalizing of "Gliffy Diagrams For JIRA" for our product system design documentation purpose. Thanks.

• Manju

Manjunatha K R March 7, 2017

@Nic Brough

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events