Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you upgrade the test environment license

Bron April 28, 2013

Hi,

I am upgrading from confluence 2.10 to 3.5 and then on to 4.3. I am not hugely familiar with confluence. Could someone explain the steps on how to upgrade the test license or do I even need to do this? Do I need to get the credentials for the atlassian account which the licenses are associated with?

All help is much appreciated:)

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

There are two types of License, one is for versions prior 3.0 and the other is for 3.0 and above. When you upgrade to Confluence 3.5, you need to upgrade your license from your account at https://my.atlassian.com. If you have valid license, you just need to put your server ID to generate the new license. If you are doing this for testing purpose, we would suggest you to go with Evaluation license. Hope it helps.

Bron April 28, 2013

Perfect thanks so much

1 vote
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2013

If your license is under software maintenance, you can use a developer license during the upgrade. When you are ready to put the new server into production you'd just enter your commercial license.

Bron April 28, 2013

Thanks Jim, the license is no longer under software maintenance im afraid, it expired some time ago

Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2013

Ok, then the evaluation license is the way to go. :)

0 votes
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2013

Ok, then the evaluation license is the way to go. :)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi, here you have a question that it's almost the same, and has a great answer on how to from 2.10 to 4.3.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/85735/what-is-the-best-upgrade-path-going-from-confluence-version-2-10-3-to-version-4-3

Hope this helps.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

Oh! My bad. Actually you don't have to update your license, since license it's for amount of users and not for versions. The same license works for all versions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2013

Unlikely, if your current data has a valid Deve/Test licence installed already, than that should travel with the data as it upgrades.

I'd still get hold of the Atlassian account though - just in case!

Bron April 28, 2013

Thanks Ramiro, I was actualy asking about the license procedure not the upgrade procedure. Do I need o get a new license for the upgrade of the test environment?

Bron April 28, 2013

The license on the site at the moment ran out in 09, Im guessing I need to get a new license for the upgrade of the production and then I can get a new developer license, is this correct?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events