how do you add a click button?

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

To what?  You'll need to be more specific.

I have a list (of pages) that I have placed on our main page. I want to create a "radio button " for them so people can just click on it and it will take them to the page.  Similar to the "Save" button below.

I am not literate in this lingo, please explain how to "write a short user macro that wraps "format me as a button" around a url "

Ok, that's not a "radio button", it's just a button.  I'd write a short user macro that wraps "format me as a button" around a url to do that.

Good point, I should have explained more.  My apologies.

A button is an html element that gets drawn by your browser when it draws a page containing the right code.  You have a list of links that you want to render as buttons.  The standard way for a browser to render a link is with some text and some indicator (usually an underline) that is clickable.  Confluence does this with any text you define as a link.

But it doesn't have anything to format them as a button instead of a link.  This is where a "user macro" becomes useful - these are snippets of code you can add to Confluence that add macros without needing you to write addons.  What you want to do is enter your link inside a "user macro" that does all that html rendering you need.  You can't (easily) embed html into a Confluence page to do this work, and it's horrid for any editors when you do, but a user macro takes all that away.

I think your user macro should read something like

<form method="link" action="$url"><input type="submit" value="$text on button"/></form>

To expand on how to do that and how to get $url and $text-on-button in there see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros

I use a 1x1 table to simulate buttons.

2018-03-13 10_26_17-Servers - Documentation - Confluence.png

It's hard to believe there is no option in the link macro to make it look like a button, but there you have it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

447 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you