Did you mean: 

how do you add a click button?

Cheryl Burnham May 8, 2015

5 answers

3 votes
roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

I use a 1x1 table to simulate buttons.

2018-03-13 10_26_17-Servers - Documentation - Confluence.png

It's hard to believe there is no option in the link macro to make it look like a button, but there you have it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2015

Good point, I should have explained more.  My apologies.

A button is an html element that gets drawn by your browser when it draws a page containing the right code.  You have a list of links that you want to render as buttons.  The standard way for a browser to render a link is with some text and some indicator (usually an underline) that is clickable.  Confluence does this with any text you define as a link.

But it doesn't have anything to format them as a button instead of a link.  This is where a "user macro" becomes useful - these are snippets of code you can add to Confluence that add macros without needing you to write addons.  What you want to do is enter your link inside a "user macro" that does all that html rendering you need.  You can't (easily) embed html into a Confluence page to do this work, and it's horrid for any editors when you do, but a user macro takes all that away.

I think your user macro should read something like

<form method="link" action="$url"><input type="submit" value="$text on button"/></form>

To expand on how to do that and how to get $url and $text-on-button in there see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2015

Ok, that's not a "radio button", it's just a button.  I'd write a short user macro that wraps "format me as a button" around a url to do that.

0 votes

I have a list (of pages) that I have placed on our main page. I want to create a "radio button " for them so people can just click on it and it will take them to the page.  Similar to the "Save" button below.

I am not literate in this lingo, please explain how to "write a short user macro that wraps "format me as a button" around a url "

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2015

To what?  You'll need to be more specific.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events