how do I get a page in a box

Anne-Marie Q January 10, 2021

I want to have boxes on the right side of the page, each box beneath a box, with a title in each box like below. then when you click on each box, it links to a different page. you will also see that link in the page tree

- I type table but there is a header

- I tried panel but there are 2 sections to the panel

5 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

You could do it with tables.

Add a 1x1 table and then turn off the header row.

capture1.png

This will leave you with text in a white box.

capture2.png

Lastly, drag the right border all the way right to make it 100% width. You can then link the text in boxes to any page you want using the link button in editor bar.

capture3.png

This is how it looks when viewed on the page.

capture4.png

Anne-Marie Q January 14, 2021

thank you,Davin. this is another method of doing the ask!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

What I did was this:

In Edit mode paste some panels

image.png

Without any Title

image.png

In View Mode

image.png

Is it something like this? 

this is what I get

Capture.PNG

then I get an error

2nd box - Capture.PNG

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2021

This is because the Border Style starts with a capital letter.

Use "solid" instead of "Solid"

Anne-Marie Q January 15, 2021

I did "solid" amd it worked. thks!!!

Anne-Marie Q January 15, 2021

UsePanelCapture.PNG

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2021

Maybe you could try the Navigation Map macro. Writing on my iPhone I cannot paste a link. Google for „navigation map macro confluence“. I use it sometimes.

Best

JP

Anne-Marie Q January 12, 2021

image.png

this is what I want to get - so on the right hand side of the page

I appreciate everyone's help.

0 votes
Anne-Marie Q January 11, 2021

- this is what I want to see on the right hand side of the screen, each in a box:

who we are

Quick Reference Cards

Commonly Asked Questions

when I do panel, I can type "who we are" in the title box, then there is an empty box. I can do many panels, and each will have an empty box underneath the title box.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2021

Hi @Anne-Marie Q 

Without a screenshot, we can't really help you. 

Is it something like this with the panel? 

image.png

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2021

Hi again

To paste an image into the community, please click the photo icon in the toolbar and add the image.

image.png

Regards, Dominic

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2021

Server?!?

- I get 1st box to look good

- then I get this

2nd box - Capture.PNG

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2021

Hi @Anne-Marie Q 

Unfortunately, We don't see your printscreen, can you try to share again your printscreen? 

I would have recommended panel to you now. What do you mean by 2 sections?

Thanks for your additional informations

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events