how can we increase height and width of road map planner macro in confluence?

adnan saeed August 1, 2017

how can we increase height and width of road map planner macro in confluence?

5 answers

6 votes
Johann Laulik May 15, 2019

I updated Dave Krol solution a bit to work better with the latest server version:

#confluence-roadmap-dialog {
width: 95%;
height: 95%;
top: 10px;
}
#confluence-roadmap-dialog .roadmap-editor-popup {
height: 89%;
}
#confluence-roadmap-dialog .aui-dialog2-content {
max-height: calc(100vh - 160px);
}

Kai Meinke September 3, 2019

Thanks, this is a really nice upgrade that makes working with roadmaps possible (at least in the proposed configuration on the client). It saves me a ton of time. I was already planning to break my roadmaps down to individuell pieces to make this work for my team. Thank you for this fix.

Sven Langnau October 17, 2019

Thanks, with this mod its possible to work with roadmaps :) 

5 votes
Larry Talley April 25, 2018

A work-around was posted at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-36103 and it works for me, thank you Dave Krol!

Excerpt below:

davidmichaelkrolDave Krol added a comment - 30/Aug/2017 9:48 AM - edited

Hi Everyone, 

I have a solution/workaround that can be implemented on our end.

Caveats:

1. I only have a solution for Chrome browsers right now.
  2. Obviously, I can't touch the Atlassian code itself - so it's not a real fix, it's more of a workaround.
  3. Which means - this has to be done individually to each computer accessing the site. 
    1. ie: Following this procedure yourself will not allow your employees/colleagues to experience the fix as well - they have to follow the procedure as well. 
  4. For those of you know notice, this is basically just saving CSS changes made using the Inspect Element tool.

Solution:

1. Download the Stylebot extension here
  2. I'd restart your browser just to be safe
  3. Go to the page where the roadmap planner is
  4. Click to Edit the roadmap planner so you see the popup window where you can move the colored blocks around etc.
  5. Click on the Stylebot button at the top-right of your browser (it says "CSS")
    1. This is next to the other extension buttons or next to the Options/Settings drop-down button (it looks like 3 vertical dots)
  6. Click "Open Stylebot"
  7. A window will appear on the side of your browser window
  8. At the bottom click on "Edit CSS"
  9. A blank text box will appear
  10. Paste this into the text box:
    #confluence-roadmap-dialog {
    width: 95%;
    height: 95%;
    top: 110px;
    }
  11. Click Save
  12. Reload the page
  13. It should work

Note: You can adjust the percentages using trial and error to better adjust to your needs.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions.

Deleted user July 10, 2018

That is not a solution since it only changes how the page display on your computer/browser. It does not change how it's displayed for other people in your organization.

In any case, the fact that this is easily configurable by CSS goes to show how EASY it would be for Atlasssian to add these features. Their developers could probably implement/test/launch it in on hour flat.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Adnan,

It is not currently possible, but we have a current feature request at CONFSERVER-36103 to allow more size options for the Roadmap Planner macro in Confluence.

If you vote on that case you'll be showing how popular such a feature would be. You can also click Watch in order to be updated when there is any progress or changes made.

Let us know if you have any questions about that!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Dave Ailshire February 28, 2019

Would you include support for multiple browsers in the update? Limiting the solution to Chrome doesn't help everyone.

Deleted user February 28, 2019
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Dave,

That would be at the discretion of the developers, so I would recommend asking about that on the ticket.

Tom - thank you so much for linking me to that. I'll link the two together on Jira.

Regards,

Shannon

Maltavius February 7, 2022

You know the bug has been there since 2015.

It's still not gathered enough votes. Probably because no one considers using the damn thing because it's too small.

Like Sarah Cole likes this
Samuel Westen March 20, 2022

Come on Atlassiannnn!

Like Deleted user likes this
1 vote
A_Bourque July 13, 2022

Here's a workaroud that works for every user and any browser when displaying the Roadmap planner.  In a page, above the Roadmap Planner, add a HTML macro (if it's been enabled by your admin). Then for the code put: 

<style>

#confluence-roadmap-dialog { width: 95%; height: 95%; top: 10px; }

</style>

When the page is saved, the planner will now span the whole window.  Note that it doesn't work for the pop-up editor alas.

0 votes
Sarah February 11, 2022

Hi,

I just found out there is another workaround. (I tried it on Chrome and Edge.)

1. Click on edit page
  2. Edit Roadmap Planner
  3. Resize only the height of your browser window to the smallest possible size.
  4. Then resize the browser window to full size again.
  5. The roadmap planner should be resized.

The only downside to this workaround is that you have to follow the steps again when the page is refreshed.

Is it working for you as well?

Regards,

Sarah

Sarah Fiedler July 14, 2022

correction: only the width

Like folgmann likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events