how can i upload folder on conflueance page

jay patel September 10, 2013

i am creating a page on confluence where i need to upload a folder ( which has multiple xsd files in it) . how may i do this .

clarification : i am not saying attaching a file , it's attaching a folder with multiple files in it on a page .

7 answers

1 vote
Rupert Neethling December 9, 2013

Uploading folders containing multiple subfolders, etc. to Confluence is a Herculean task. I wish there was a macro that created a new page and sub-page for every folder and subfolder on the fly, as I uploaded them.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

It only takes a few lines of groovy code to recurse through files in a directory. Once you find a file of interest, then you can do whatever you want depending on your specific use case (add attachment or add a page) using the Confluence Command Line Interface.

0 votes
jay patel September 11, 2013

If you are running Firefox or Chrome you can select multiple files and simply drag them onto your Confluence page to upload them all. If you are using Internet Explorer you will have to upload them one at a time using the upload form as Internet Explorer doesn't have the necessary features to allow for drag-drop functionality. As far as havingsome kind of folder structure within your attachments page that is not possible out of the box. You can give your attachments labels to categorize them, but you will still see them all on the attachments page. Clicking on a label will do a search and show you all of the documents that have that label ... that is about the closest I think you will get to being able to structure the attachments page.

answered by : David Studer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

If you are running Firefox or Chrome you can select multiple files and simply drag them onto your Confluence page to upload them all. If you are using Internet Explorer you will have to upload them one at a time using the upload form as Internet Explorer doesn't have the necessary features to allow for drag-drop functionality. As far as havingsome kind of folder structure within your attachments page that is not possible out of the box. You can give your attachments labels to categorize them, but you will still see them all on the attachments page. Clicking on a label will do a search and show you all of the documents that have that label ... that is about the closest I think you will get to being able to structure the attachments page.

Thank you for the answer David. Sincerely appreciated .

0 votes

David , both scenarios goes with what i am trying to do . please provide guidance on both the scenarios .

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

Just to clarify are you asking about attaching multiple files to a page? Or are you trying to find some way to group attachments on a page into logical groupings ... similar to a folder stucture?

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

WebDAV is not available with the On Demand version.

thanks for the answer sir , i am having hard time installing WEBDEV . do u know any vedio or example which can help me , is it available for on demand version ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events