Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i find the page ID url?

Mallory H May 4, 2016

How can I find the page ID url when the human-readable, page name url is in use?  (For linking to Confluence pages from outside of the Atlassian suite to prevent link break over time?  Would the tiny link suffice for this or is there a way to get the page ID url at any time?)

3 answers

2 votes
Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2016

Hi Mallory,

You can head to ellipsis.png > Page Information and the pageID will be in the URL. You just need to change the URL from viewinfo.action to viewpage.action.

0 votes
Mallory H May 5, 2016

Right now the only way I know to do this is to go to the Edit Page view, and then replace "editpage" with "viewpage" in the URL.  You can't consistently go to the Page Information because it may or may not be using the Page ID to compose the URL (and Tiny URLs are not persistent) - it could be using the page name.  It doesn't appear that there is any consistent place you can go to always find the persistent url that uses the Page ID.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Not sure what you mean by "page ID url"

on the page you need to have a link to, press the letter "k" on your keyboard - the link is usable externally (as long as the person receiving it has Permissions to access that Space) and is permanently linked to that page even if you change the title of the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events