how can i connect to the local plugin repository to get the updates for the plugins?

Jayanth S May 5, 2014

Internally we develop many plugins and put them in the local repository. So i would like to connect to the local repository for downloading the updates to existing plugins and also install plugins from the local repository instead of connecting to the marketplace.

It would be even nice if i can connect to both marketplace and local repository.

How can we acheive this?

Cheers.

We use confluence 5.4

3 answers

0 votes
Benji Mommen [ACA IT] May 6, 2014

I see, so you want some kind of own marketplace next to the atlassian marketplace that works in a similar way? Just instal plugins by configuration, not by uploading.

0 votes

I see, so you want some kind of own marketplace next to the atlassian marketplace that works in a similar way? Just instal plugins by configuration, not by uploading.

Jayanth S May 6, 2014

Correct.

I got this link, but i didnt find "Plugin repository client" option in confluence 5.4

Atlassian Bamboo has the option to add another step in your build cycle to automatically deploy new (succesful) plugin versions to a remote server:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.deploy.continuous-plugin-deployment

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

Hi Jaynanth,

What type of repository are you using? Maven, Ivy,...?

Jayanth S May 5, 2014

Hi:

We are using SVN, Clearcase (version control tools).

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2014

You have several possibilities:

1) The most obvious way is probably to just download the latest source code locally and then upload the plugin jar into your JIRA instance.

2) Another option is to automate the plugin build process by continuous integration tools like Jenkins. This tool wil detect when a new commit from version control is available and will automatically start a new build cycle. In this case the result will be a plugin jar that can be downloaded with a web browser. Afterwards the plugin can also be uploaded to JIRA. More info on Jenkins can be found here:

http://jenkins-ci.org/

This is also the way we do it in our company. I am pretty sure that Clearcase provides a similar tool to do continuous integration and automated builds.

Does this answer your question?

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2014

More information on deployment of plugins (addons) can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+add-ons

Jayanth S May 6, 2014

Good idea.Yes, certainly we can push/upload using the buildtools. But it is other way around.

To be more clear,

I work on staging machines and there is different setof machines for production.Lets say after staging verficication we committed the plugin code(jar) to repo.

Now the production sysamin should see "Update Avaliable" for a plugin and also should able to browse my local repo to install a new plugin along with marketplace plugins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events