how can I display the space id in the article itself?

I want to assign an id to every knowledge article created. As I dont want to do it manually, I was hoping to have the actual relevant article id displayed on the page itself.

How can this be done?

3 answers

Every page within confluence is assigned a page ID. You can see this when you edit an article, are in attachment or page information view (under Tools menu). It appears at the end of the URL in the form "pageId=1146905". Would this page ID work?

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the inputs. I'm looking for the page id to be displayed quite visibly near the title so that it can be easily picked up/viewed/searched.

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Mar 18, 2016

How would you want this displayed? Are you on Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud?

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Mar 20, 2016

I use a bit of javascript in the Custom HTML section of Confluence to add this effect – 

image2016-3-21 1:9:59.png

You could extend it to add the Page ID.

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
    var pageIdentifier = ", page ID " + AJS.Meta.get('page-id');
    AJS.$('.last-modified').append(pageIdentifier);
});
</script>

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

979 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you