Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I display the space id in the article itself?

Tanay Audi March 17, 2016

I want to assign an id to every knowledge article created. As I dont want to do it manually, I was hoping to have the actual relevant article id displayed on the page itself.

How can this be done?

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2016

I use a bit of javascript in the Custom HTML section of Confluence to add this effect – 

image2016-3-21 1:9:59.png

You could extend it to add the Page ID.

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
    var pageIdentifier = ", page ID " + AJS.Meta.get('page-id');
    AJS.$('.last-modified').append(pageIdentifier);
});
</script>
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2016

How would you want this displayed? Are you on Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud?

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2016

Every page within confluence is assigned a page ID. You can see this when you edit an article, are in attachment or page information view (under Tools menu). It appears at the end of the URL in the form "pageId=1146905". Would this page ID work?

Tanay Audi March 20, 2016

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the inputs. I'm looking for the page id to be displayed quite visibly near the title so that it can be easily picked up/viewed/searched.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events