Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I delete the "Site Spaces" tab?

Giovanni Azua April 29, 2013

How can I delete the "Site Spaces" tab from the default Confluence dashboard? I have the Subspace addon and don't need that long list of flat spaces. I tried creating a custom Global Layout in the Admin->Edit Layouts but I don't have fine grained access to the "Site Spaces" tab instead I can only remove the whole panel and I'd like not to.

#foreach ($webPanel in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableWebPanels("atl.dashboard.left", {}))
  <div class="dashboard-item">
      $!webPanel.getHtml($req.getParameterMap()) 
  </div>
#end

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Custom HTML at the end of HEAD

<style type="text/css">
.space-list-section {
display:none !important;
}
#spaces-tab-link {
display:none !important;
}
</style>

Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Nice work. Thanks for sharing!

Giovanni Azua May 2, 2013

Thanks but can you please give more context on this solution and not just drop a code snippet? what template it applies to? how to reach the document using Confluence 5.1.x? etc.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Sorry Giovanni I am new to Confluence and I haven't developed or played around with it much as yet. Maybe Ryan can help us with the information you are looking for.

However, I tried the css I shared above and it answered your question as to how you could delete the site spaces from the default dashboard.

Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

Hi Giovanni,

You'll want to apply this to the global stylesheet. Navigate to Confluence Admin > Stylesheet. Paste in the css from above. Navigate back to Dashboard and you'll see the spaces tab is gone.

Cheers!

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Hi Giovanni,

This isn't really an answer. I tried to hide the tab via css but anything I do only hides the whole panel. I'm stuck same as you. Maybe someone else will have better luck or be more ninja...

I figured you should at least know someone out there is trying!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events