how can I delete the "Site Spaces" tab?

How can I delete the "Site Spaces" tab from the default Confluence dashboard? I have the Subspace addon and don't need that long list of flat spaces. I tried creating a custom Global Layout in the Admin->Edit Layouts but I don't have fine grained access to the "Site Spaces" tab instead I can only remove the whole panel and I'd like not to.

#foreach ($webPanel in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableWebPanels("atl.dashboard.left", {}))
  <div class="dashboard-item">
      $!webPanel.getHtml($req.getParameterMap()) 
  </div>
#end

2 answers

1 accepted

Custom HTML at the end of HEAD

<style type="text/css">
.space-list-section {
display:none !important;
}
#spaces-tab-link {
display:none !important;
}
</style>

Nice work. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks but can you please give more context on this solution and not just drop a code snippet? what template it applies to? how to reach the document using Confluence 5.1.x? etc.

Sorry Giovanni I am new to Confluence and I haven't developed or played around with it much as yet. Maybe Ryan can help us with the information you are looking for.

However, I tried the css I shared above and it answered your question as to how you could delete the site spaces from the default dashboard.

Hi Giovanni,

You'll want to apply this to the global stylesheet. Navigate to Confluence Admin > Stylesheet. Paste in the css from above. Navigate back to Dashboard and you'll see the spaces tab is gone.

Cheers!

Hi Giovanni,

This isn't really an answer. I tried to hide the tab via css but anything I do only hides the whole panel. I'm stuck same as you. Maybe someone else will have better luck or be more ninja...

I figured you should at least know someone out there is trying!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published 14 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

99 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you