how can I create a table with calculations

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Table of Contents Macro

Hi, I have a table created in Excel, with contains calculation on rows / columns (simple calculation like adding numbers).

I want to create same table in Confluence. So including the calculations so that table is updated if the numbers change. 

I have looked at Macros -> Other Macros -> Table Plus but this table doesnt allow me to calculate on rows (right?).

It would be perfect if I could import the Excel table into Confluence and the markup and calculations would remain. 

Is this (or something similar) possible in Confluence? If so, how to do it?

3 answers

Hi Mathijs,

You can try Pivot Table macro from Table Filter and Charts add-on.

Hello!

For any calculations in Confluence, including calculations over tables, you may use CelesteCS Math for Confluence. There are versions for both Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.

Assume you have a table with three rows and four columns: A till D with two rows and want to summarize elements from B2 to D2. Then here is the formula you should specify in A2:

SUM(Table1.B2:D2)

If you want to calculate average value, use AVG function:

AVG(Table1.B2:D2)

As you see, it is very simple and is similar to EXCEL with equal set of functions.

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

your site is not working to see the documentation .

can you please check.

Hi Abyakta,

Here is a direct link to the documentation page: http://celestecs.com/support/documentation/math. Can you open it? What is shown?

Thanks!

Alexey - I get a timeout when trying to access your site.  Can you please advise when it is back on line?

Hi Chad!

It should work now.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

278 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you