Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I create a table with calculations

Mathijs Groen June 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Table of Contents Macro

Hi, I have a table created in Excel, with contains calculation on rows / columns (simple calculation like adding numbers).

I want to create same table in Confluence. So including the calculations so that table is updated if the numbers change. 

I have looked at Macros -> Other Macros -> Table Plus but this table doesnt allow me to calculate on rows (right?).

It would be perfect if I could import the Excel table into Confluence and the markup and calculations would remain. 

Is this (or something similar) possible in Confluence? If so, how to do it?

3 answers

0 votes
CelesteCS July 4, 2016

Hello!

For any calculations in Confluence, including calculations over tables, you may use CelesteCS Math for Confluence. There are versions for both Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.

Assume you have a table with three rows and four columns: A till D with two rows and want to summarize elements from B2 to D2. Then here is the formula you should specify in A2:

SUM(Table1.B2:D2)

If you want to calculate average value, use AVG function:

AVG(Table1.B2:D2)

As you see, it is very simple and is similar to EXCEL with equal set of functions.

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

Abyakta Lenka June 13, 2017

your site is not working to see the documentation .

can you please check.

CelesteCS June 13, 2017

Hi Abyakta,

Here is a direct link to the documentation page: http://celestecs.com/support/documentation/math. Can you open it? What is shown?

Thanks!

Chad Corman August 30, 2017

Alexey - I get a timeout when trying to access your site.  Can you please advise when it is back on line?

CelesteCS September 4, 2017

Hi Chad!

It should work now.

Thanks!

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

Hi Mathijs,

You can try Pivot Table macro from Table Filter and Charts add-on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events