header only in viewsource mode

Rolf Henning Hjemdahl July 14, 2020

How can I show a custom header when I show the page as this :

viewsource/viewpagesrc.action?pageId=nnn

The header contains a <div> and some css styling ...

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2020

Hello Rolf,

Thank you for raising this question. Can you confirm that if you are indeed using Confluence Cloud? I want to confirm, as this question is marked as being related to Confluence Cloud.

If that's indeed the case, then I'm sorry to say that it's not possible show a custom header, as it's prohibited to customize the look and feel of a Confluence Cloud site: 

On Atlassian Cloud, Confluence uses a custom theme that can't be modified or updated using custom HTML or CSS. For more information on custom themes in Confluence Cloud, refer to Working with Themes.

Confluence Cloud Developer community: You can also create your own theme for Confluence Cloud. Check out the Theme page in our Confluence Cloud Developer page.

I hope that clarifies things for you, but let me know if you have any questions about that.

Take care,

Shannon

Rolf Henning Hjemdahl July 17, 2020

Yes, I use concluence cloud. 

Then, is there a way I can show a confluence page in an IFrame ?

In other words, is there a way I can adjust confluence cloude so I do not get into cors issues ? Or do this results in a security issue ?

Rolf Henning Hjemdahl July 17, 2020

Is this functionality now available to all ?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-2636?_ga=2.232416799.1485449965.1595000443-1068323079.1594394216

If I whitelist my public static IP, will I then have the possebility to show a confluence page in a iframe ?

Regards

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2020

Hello @Rolf Henning Hjemdahl,

It's not possible to display any parts of your Cloud site in an iFrame, due to the Clickjacking protection which has been enabled. For more information on Clickjacking, you can have a look at our Jira Service Desk blog from around the time that we mentioned the changes. 

The request where the change was made is from this feature request:

Even with the introduction of IP whitelisting, it's not possible to workaround this protection.

To answer your question about whether or not the IP whitelisting feature has been released, it's in currently in beta for Cloud Premium subscribers. To quote the feature request: (CLOUD-2636

We’re pleased to announce that IP allowlisting is now available in a beta state for Premium subscribers of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence. IP allowlisting currently can only be enabled by our Support Team, but we are hard at work on bringing a fully self-serve user interface to you soon. Learn more about this feature and find instructions on how to enable it on our documentation page. 

If you need to customize your Cloud site further, I do recommend using the available theming add-ons available from Atlassian Marketplace.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events