grant service manage customers access to a confluence space

James Shirley October 12, 2021

Hi, I'm trying to grant access to all my service management customers to some private confluence spaces.

I've linked the projects knowledge base to the confluence spaces, but still no access.

Note the confluence spaces have no anonymous access.

I'm hoping this is possible..

Thanks for any help

James

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

@James Shirley 

This is possible.  Can you double-check and make sure that you followed the documentation in setting up the knowledge base.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves/

If you did the knowledge base will be accessible in the Jira Service Management customer portal.  There you will be able to search for articles by keywords and they should display in the search.  They do not need to be public to do this.  

James Shirley October 12, 2021

Hi Brant,

Yes I've followed this, but still cannot see the space in confluence, in fact it says I'm not logged in, but i am logged into the portal.

I have managed to find some of the interested wiki pages from search the service management knowledge portal. is there no mechanism to browse the confluence space from the service portal?

Thanks for your support

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

@James Shirley Atlassian has setup the service desk as a one stop shop for support.  This means that your customers will just go to the customer portal to submit questions or find an answer to their question.  There is not a link back to the service desk from Confluence unless you add it.  

James Shirley October 13, 2021

Thanks Brant

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders