firewalld confluence other ports? filterstart ?

there might be more than one problem

I'm trying to recover a Confluence. I've pulled everything got everything in the right folders/users/premissions
(there needs to be better recovery options for this thing, is there Doc's some where I don't know about????)

If I run ./start-confluence.sh
with firewalld running I only get a white screen (so I am connecting! )

if I stop firewalld, confluence runs fine.

the ports are open:

ports: 8090/tcp 80/tcp 8443/tcp 8098/tcp 8000/tcp

if I start firewalld AFTER I launch confluence, it works for a short bit and give me database errors. then will stop responding. I am woundering if there is a database connector port I need to open? I didn't see any ports in any files other than the 8098 and 8090 hence why I think there might be something else wrong here

it is a standard install, with embedded database.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I tried to update but it said i had to wait 24 hours...

Turns our that is "masqurade" is enabled in firewalld, Confluence won't start correctly
the internal/embedded database connection get mangled.

the fix

sudo firewall-cmd --remove-masqurade

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD#Masquerading

firewall-cmd --permanent [--zone=<zone>] --remove-masquerade
This widget could not be displayed.

A firewall is a flat thing - it either blocks access or it does not.  If the firewall were the problem, you would not be able to reach Confluence at all.  Using the internal database simplifies this case even further as it won't be any issue with the connection to the database,

I think the best thing to do is read the application log - for errors when it white screens with the firewall running, and for when you get database errors later.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

509 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you